Arizona Faith Network is going through a wonderfully planned transition. A new interim executive director has been hired, our board is actively engaged, and we have capable staff support. We’ve developed a refined vision statement that speaks to what we’ve been doing and will continue to do: People of faith uniting to create positive change for the common good. And our mission has been re-fashioned: “to invite people to build meaningful relationships that lead to 1) shared prayer and dialogue rooted in our faith traditions and 2) actions that influence public awareness, civic engagement and policy”.
Many exciting efforts are being planned for 2018 and beyond:
- With generous support from the Monsignor Edward J. Ryle Fund, in January we will launch our “Faith, Equity and Inclusion” event series as part of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. month of commemorative events. This event series will be a way for AFN to honor the legacy of Monsignor Ryle and to work on critical issues we all care about.
- Our Theological Dialogue Commission will host a series of “Faith 101” events, following up on the hugely successful Baha’i 101 event that was held earlier this year. In addition, several events are planned under the “Next Steps” portfolio, following the success of the October forum “The Nature of God”.
- Our Public Policy Commission will continue to monitor legislative issues that affect poor and vulnerable populations, and we will provide opportunities for our partners to be a voice for justice, equity and empowerment.
- We’re re-igniting our Faith in Solidarity efforts to ensure that people of faith bring a united, impactful voice to issues in times of crisis, disparity and injustice.
- We’ll seek new partnerships with denominations and faith representatives not currently involved with AFN.
- We’ll launch our new website in January, which will highlight past accomplishments and our path for the future.
Thank you in advance for your support! We look forward to a great year together!
Jannah Scott, Interim Executive Director
Arizona Faith Network